The International Cricket Council (‘ICC’) is the global governing body for the sport, which administers all aspects of international cricket.
We are currently looking for a Financial Controller, based at our headquarters in Dubai, UAE. The role will report to the ICC’s Chief Financial Officer (‘CFO’) and will be responsible for managing the smooth day-to-day running of the department operations and building on the financial systems and processes.
Responsibilities of the Financial Controller include but are not limited to the following:
• Overall management of all day-to-day operations of the finance department;
• Managing the budgeting and forecasting process and steering the monthly MIS dashboards and reporting;
• Managing the external audit and the finalisation of ICC’s audited financial statements in full compliance with IFRS and applicable laws and regulations;
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Experience
• Qualified Accountant from an internationally recognized institution with a minimum of 15 years of post-qualification experience;
• Significantly demonstrated experience in a similar role and expertise in finance and accounts is essential;
• Previous experience in the sports, media sector and international exposure is preferred;
• Excellent communication skills with proven ability to present to the management, Committees and the board;
• Previous experience in managing the day-to-day running of a mid-sized finance team of 5-6 individuals is essential;
• Should be well versed with IFRS;
• A very hands-on approach and experience is essential to this role; • Well-developed analytical, administrative and computer skills, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
• Ability to work efficiently and lead in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment;
• Significant experience operating and advising at an executive level;
• Ability to simplify matters to enable quick understanding of issues and enable quick decision making;
Conditions of Employment
• The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer at the ICC;
• The role is based in our headquarters in Dubai, UAE;
• The selected candidate will be required to provide two recent work references; and
• The compensation offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you feel that you can meet the challenge, please email your CV, with a covering letter detailing your current salary and benefits and expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last date to respond to this advert is May 12th, 2020. Due to the overwhelming number of quality applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.