The Bermuda Day Half Marathon Derby Committee has released Guidelines for Runners for the race on Friday, May 28th.
A 10 point checklist has been released for participants.
1. Must be on the island as of May 14th.
2. Know-Your-Status. A Covid test is recommended. (2days prior)
3. Mask are required on Ferry and in St. George’s Square.
4. Practice social distancing prior to wave starts. Runners must start in their assigned wave.
5. Mask must be worn to the start line.
6. Runners must collect water bottles from official water stop tables (Water will not be passed to runners by volunteers.)
7. There will be no energy gels on the course. Runners are encouraged to carry their own.
8. Runners will pick up finish line bags (bag will include mask, medal, water, energy bar). Relay runners will collect their bags at their individual finish checkpoints.
9. Runners must put on masks as soon as possible after crossing the finish line and ‘catching their breath’.
10. Runners will not linger at the Finish Line (Bernard’s Park) for an extended period.