Roy and Gail Greenwald’s Valiant 42 Cordelia has finished first in fleet on corrected time in the 2019 Marion Bermuda Race. She will win the Goslings Founders Trophy. The Greenwalds sail out of Mairon MA. Cordelia is also the Class D winner.
Among other prizes, Cordelia will win the coveted Beverly Yacht Club ‘Polaris Trophy’ as the best celestially navigated yacht. Gail Greenwald will win the ‘Navigators Trophy’.
And the winners are...
1. Abigail— Robert Buck, Aquidneck 52, Marion MA – Celestial
2. Kinship — Francis Selldorf, Baltic 52, Padanaram MA
3. Sunflower — Mark Lenci, Beneteasu Oceanis 523, Harpswell ME
1. Gallant, Christian Hoffman, Navy 44, USNA Annapolis MD, Celestial
2. Momentum, Paul Kanev, Hinckley Sou’wester 51, Newport RI
3. Defiance, George Hamilton/Kevin Navarro, Navy 44 MKII, USNA Annapolis MD, Celestial
1. Pinnacle— Peter Torosian, Tartan 4100, Rye NH, Celestial
2. Escapade II— Tom Bowler, Morris 46, Ocean, Marion MA
3. Scappare— David LeBlanc, Catalina 42 MKII, Stillhouse Cove RI
1. Cordelia— Roy Greenwald, Valiant 42, Marion MA, Celestial
2. Frolic— Ray Cullum, Dixon 44, Marion MA, Celestial
3. Silhouette— David Caso, Cherubini 44, Portsmouth RI
Overall Class and Division
1. Tabor Boy— James Geil, Schooner 92, Tabor Academy Marion MA, Celestial
DNS Spirit of Bermuda—Jordan Smith, Tall Ship 118, Dockyard, Bermuda